Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking for an experienced Fleet Co-ordinator based from our Manchester office.
Sudlows prides itself on quality of our installations and how we engage with our customers, the public and our internal stakeholders. As Fleet Co-ordinator you will be expected to provide a high level of internal and where needed external service in keeping with Sudlows standards as well as providing clear and concise communication and reporting. The highest levels of workmanship are expected as standard as well as strict adherence to our health and safety standards.
The role of the Fleet Co-ordinator is a core function of the business and sits across the various divisions. The Fleet Co-ordinator will be responsible for the day to day management of the businesses fleet of cars and vans ensuring they are properly and maintained where both proactive and reactive works are required. The employee is responsible for ensuring the vehicles are correctly utilised by the fleet drivers and that all business processes in regards to the use of company vehicles are followed.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company fleet, which includes a mixture of cars and vans
- Liaise with external suppliers in relation to hire vehicles, vehicle trackers, maintenance and repairs
- Manage fleet policy and ensure all staff adhere to it
- Be the main point of contact for any fleet related queries including accident management
- Control and manage all fleet records/databases
- Ensure all relevant compliance is adhered to at all times
- Liaising with employees and HMRC in respect of vehicle fuel and tax allowances and annual P11D requirements.
- Manage all fleet related online portals such as M6 Tag, Dartford crossing and All Star fuel cards.
- Communicate with staff at all levels including Directors and The Board
Qualifications & Experience:
- Current knowledge of costs of maintaining cars and vans
- Knowledge of planned maintenance and unplanned repairs
- Experience of producing fleet MI
- Experience working within a leasing company or fleet management company would be highly desirable
- Knowledge of the inner workings of a vehicle and HMRC requirements in relation to fleet
- Good knowledge of ICT programmes, including strong Excel skills, and ability to use online portals and data entry systems.
- High attention to detail and good with numbers.
- Excellent organisation, workload planning skills and strong commercial judgement.
- Ability to engage with external suppliers and internal stakeholders with a view to driving down costs and maximising return on investment.
- UK Driving Licence.
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Ability to identify and can solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.