Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Fire Stopping Engineer/Supervisor to join the team. Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of clients globally.
We have over 240 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
We are looking for Fire Stopping Engineers preferably with comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of passive fire stopping procedures and products, and flexible cavity barriers (curtains). This position is likely to evolve into more of a project management role in the future.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting administration of fire protection programs.
- Providing technical assistance to, customers and colleagues on Passive Fire Protection Systems.
- Reviewing construction site plans and fire protection system drawings for compliance with relevant fire protection.
- Surveying sites and selecting correct products sets for compliance.
- Training staff internally.
- Running the project, liaising with the client, ensuring the project is delivered within desired margins.
Skills and Qualifications:
- FIRAS Accredited
- Previous fire stopping experience
- Valid CSCS card
- Extensive experience in delivering fire engineered solutions for UK based projects
- Familiar with appropriate legislation and design guidance for use in the UK
- Strong communication skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines under pressure
- UK driving licence
- IPAF (desirable)
- Asbestos Awareness (desirable)
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload on a daily basis
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines for the department
- Contributes to day-to-day smooth running of the department
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to communicate with others in an acceptable and appropriate manner
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.