This role is a great opportunity to join our expanding finance function and gain hands on experience of working in a fast-paced environment whilst training for your AAT qualification.
With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows have a growing portfolio of projects. We have over 200 staff in a number of locations and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition and are an equal opportunities employer who value diversity in our workforce.
Based in our Manchester office, the Finance Apprentice will be a key member of the Finance department, working closely with staff and providing support to the accounts team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Offering administration support to the Financial Controller and other finance team members where required.
- Based primarily in the purchase ledger function with opportunity to gain experience in other areas.
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff
- To efficiently undertake basic administration and clerical duties
- Data input and extraction.
- To deal with internal and external post and emails on a day to day basis
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- Undertaking the setting up of new suppliers and clients for the business
- Training provided for AAT qualification along with time out for study.
- Able to work on your own and well within a small team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management
- Methodical approach and ability to self-motivate
- Professionalism and discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, Outlook, Word and Excel
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload, including prioritising work and delivering to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identify and know how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with other members of staff and service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.