With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Electrical Estimator to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The successful candidate will be a valued member of one of our leading departments. We are currently looking to grow our business and this role is a key part to this vision. The main purpose of the role is the production of detailed and accurate electrical designs & estimates for commercial and industrial projects throughout the UK. You will be required to work on a broad variety of major projects and produce results on time and to budget.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Bid Team & Technical Designers to ensure high quality & detailed proposals are submitted in line with client requirements.
- To advise the Estimating Manager on any foreseeable issues with workload etc.
- Preparing all enquiries for sign off at the relevant level in good time as to allow for changes to take effect within the deadline submittal date.
- Ensure all tenders are to the latest industry standards.
- Applying for project pricing & liaising with our supply chain to ensure the most competitive rates are used at all times.
- Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders.
- Taking off quantities off drawings/specifications/bills of quantities.
- Producing complete electrical estimates using estimating Software.
- Ensuring that all bids submitted are technically correct.
- Producing tender packages for subcontractors and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in main bid.
- Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system.
- Follow all company standards with regards to estimating practices & procedures etc.
- As required represent the Company in negotiations and meetings.
- Attend internal project handover meetings and assist Commercial Manager in developing the commercial strategy for the project.
Skills and Qualifications:
- ONC/HNC Building Services Engineering or equivalent experience in similar role
- Electrical estimating/bid presentation experience
- Proven track record of successfully winning electrical projects in line with business guidelines
- Good understanding of technical issues is preferable
- Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment
- Ability to read and clearly understand drawings and specifications
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
- Wide supplier and sub-contractor knowledge
- Computer literate with experience of estimating software
- Good commercial acumen
Planning and Organising:
- Good forward thinker and planner
- Able to perform consistently under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations
- Creative mind – thinks about the best way to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to accept change and new ideas
- Exercise straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients. Actively collect first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.