Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we have a number of opportunities for experienced Data Centre Project Managers to work on large data centre design and build projects throughout London and the southern region.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
As a Data Centre Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading the project team to deliver a multi-disciplined project up to £10m value. This includes the overall delivery, performance and management of the operational project team and stakeholders to ensure that all activities meet the programme, cost, safety and quality objectives of the Project and business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel both internally and externally
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to Sudlows required quality and standards
- Identify risks and ensure they are reported, managed and mitigation measures are put in place
- Ensure the project budget and costs are managed effectively including reimbursements for variations to the contract.
- To adopt a right first time ethos with all aspects of the installation.
- Responsible for ensuring effective use of meetings and recoding and management thereof.
- Responsible for programme set up and progressive monitoring and control of the programme at all times and through the supply chain.
- Promote Cultural Based Safety on site.
- Conduct regular reviews of drawings/document control on site, ensuring the correct versions are being used and maintained.
- Design management – attendance at design team meetings.
- Responsible for overseeing the commissioning and witnessing of all systems
- To maintain accurate commercial and progress reporting on a regular basis.
- Take full responsibility for all plant and materials hired by the company
- Responsible for the day to day management of the project team.
- Directly manage the procurement of the supply chain be that sub-contractors or suppliers and to fully ingratiate sub-contractors & suppliers into the requirements of the project.
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ needs and ensure accurate and factual communications with the client.
- Maintain accurate and detailed progress reports both internally and externally.
- Develop the designs to include site level co-ordination and details which may develop during construction, feeding this back to the design team where necessary.
- Work with the Programme Manager and provide an up to date status, together with any programme risks and any dependencies which exist.
- The above outlines the key accountabilities of the position, however this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company and within the job holder’s capabilities may be required
- The role will be based on a project in a defined geographical area however flexibility in this respect within the region will be expected.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC/HND in a relevant discipline
- Engineering degree (mechanical or electrical bias)
- Membership of a professional body
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Previous experience as a Project Manager on projects up to £10m
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Forward thinking, dedicated and driven
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.
- CSCS Card
- Degree Level or equilvalent