Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we have a new opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join our Facilities Management team. We are looking for someone who is keen for a fresh challenge and wants to progress their career into a supervisory/junior management role.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
The Data Centre Maintenance Engineer will be required to carry out routine PPM’s on electrical plant and oversee specialist electrical & mechanical maintenance, reactive works and occasionally projects across all of our sites in the UK, ensuring relevant documentation is completed. You will be expected to perform out of hours on call duties as required on a rota basis, offering a single point of contact for our coordinators giving technical assistance and if necessary attend site.
Skills and Experience:
As the successful Maintenance Engineer, you must be fully qualified and formally trained in electrical maintenance and installation. This position would suit an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician. Training will be provided.
You will have experience of working within a critical environment or data centre/computer room, and be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of data centre infrastructure including:
- UPS systems
- Fire Suppression
You will have:
- A good understanding of data centre infrastructure
- Experience in electrical inspection and certification
- A strong awareness of Health and Safety
- Experience of working within a critical environment, ideally data centre maintenance
- Experience in HV or mechanical plant is advantageous, but not essential
Qualifications and Training:
- Current 17th Edition
- JIB card
- Relevant HNC (desirable)
- IOSH or NEBOSH (desirable)
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients. Actively collect first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.