Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking for a Business Support Assistant to work within the Operations department.
To provide administrative support to all company departments where required. Be responsible for time sheet and absence management via Replicon and Contract Costing. This is a critical role in all aspects of accuracy, attention to detail and record management.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for approving time sheets on a weekly basis
- Responsible for maintaining and managing all labour costs, including inputting and collating data, generating reports etc
- Understand and become main point of contact for the Company in relation to timesheets and absence management
- Responsible for subcontractor invoices and purchase orders, ensuring payments made on time
- Maintain report of “non- live” job costs and report to Finance on a monthly basis
- Answering the phone and deal with all incoming queries
- Support Operations/HR Manager in all aspects of required work
- Deal with travel requirements for all field engineers and office staff on an ad hoc basis – when other team members are absent
- Carrying out any other duties requested by the company from time to time
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience in an office admin role, preferably in the construction industry
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational to director level
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence others
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Ability to identify and can solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.