Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company we have a new opportunity for an experienced Audio Visual Engineer to join our Enterprise Services team.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
The role will involve the installation, commissioning and testing, as well as O&M documentation, of a range of Audio Visual technologies. The Audio Visual Engineer should maintain a good knowledge of the prevalent standards and be willing to continually develop and learn in order to match and stay current with the changing pace of technology.
As part of this role the employee must also maintain a working knowledge of structured cabling systems as this is a large part of the businesses offering, but can also be the foundation on which an IP based AV system will sit and you may be required to install these systems to support the AV installation.
- Installation, commissioning and testing of a range of Audio Visual systems.
- Maintenance and fault calls on and Audio Visual systems.
- Compilation of a range of post install documentation to aid in the production of the O&M manual.
- Interpreting and understanding proposal documents, schematics and drawings.
- Accurate and timely completion of documentation including test results, commissioning information, drawings and O&M information.
- Ensure the highest quality of workmanship at all times.
- Ensure accurate, clear and concise documentation at all times.
- Self auditing own work.
- Interfacing with other systems and sub-contractors, with regards to structured cabling systems, meeting room lighting and environmental systems and the wider building intelligence.
- Assisting in other areas of the business as the need arises.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the installation and commissioning of Audio Visual systems across a range of technologies including projectors, TVs, touchscreens, sound systems and amplifiers, communal presentation and meeting systems and software and meeting room integration to control the meeting room environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and prevalent standards and licencing requirements that govern works within the Audio Visual space
- A working knowledge of structured cabling systems as one of the foundations of a system that supports an IP based AV installation
- Experience in working to design drawings, schematics and proposals for AV installations
- Experience working with industry leading manufacturers systems such as Crestron, C-Touch and SMART
- Excellent attention to detail when completing documentation
- Excellent customer facing manner
- Flexible approach to working location and times
- UK Driving Licence
- CSCS / ECS Card
- Proven specific experience or training in the programming of AV control equipment such as Crestron or Extron
- Proven specific experience or training in the installation of structured cabling systems and/or active networking equipment such as switches and wireless APs
- Proven experience and / or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as, IP Security, Intelligent Lighting, HVAC and Energy Management.
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients. Actively collect first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.