Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrator to join our Design Team based in Manchester.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
To provide administrative support & key co-ordination of our incoming and outgoing enquiry workload to the wider design team, ensuring the highest level of efficiency & quality.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordination & tracking of all new incoming & revised existing enquiries/tenders
- Maintenance of all server files, admin procedures, processes & systems
- Managment & co-ordination of Design Team members diaries
- Production of tender packs & processing design information in line with company procedures
- Arrangement & co-ordination of surveys, liaising with the client and members of the design team
- Updating the Enquiry Tracker when jobs are created, quotes sent to client or when PO’s are received
- Chasing outstanding information from internal and external clients, and design team members
- Responsible for completing handover document upon receipt of PO, transferring jobs and passing on to Operations
- Co-ordinating the Handover process from Design team to Operations
- Act as the main point of contact for the team. Prioritise and distribute communications to the appropriate person or relevant department
- Answer/deal with queries, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner
- Apply your understanding of technical documentation systems and Quality System requirements to continuously assess, evaluate and make improvements in documentation systems configuration.
- Identify areas within the current system for efficiency gains
- Receive updates regarding project changes and relay information to senior design team members
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in an office admin role, preferably in the construction industry
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational staff to senior director level
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Accurate data entry processing experience
- Attention to detail is absolutely essential
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Forward thinking, dedicated and driven
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public etc.
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.